- All Virgin Carbon- Helps reduce foaming issues in amine applications and discoloration.
- Pore Size Distribution — Filtration Systems’ carbon has over 700 m2/g surface area giving it a longer life and higher capacity than comparable filters.
- Buna N Gasket — Our 100% Buna N gaskets will not swell in service & have high temperature resistance unlike “Buna-blend” gaskets found in many comparable filters.
- Steel Cable Handles — Heavy-duty steel cable handles won’t fail during installation and removal.
- Sealed Top of Center Tube — The top 3-inches of our center tubes are sealed. The unique feature prevents filters bypass if the carbon bed settles.
- Coal-Based Carbon — Coal-based carbon is much harder than lignite or cocoanut-based carbon. As a result, there is less dust and fewer start-up problems.
- In addition, we have developed proprietary grades of activated carbon that are specifically suited for amine and glycol purification. It has an optimum ratio of micropores to mesopores to remove dissolved organics, acidic degradation by- products and heat stable salt precursors.
- Our carbon is water-rinsed to reduce leachable metals and it has a high percentage of mesopores to enhance removal of liquid hydrocarbons from the process chemicals.
- We also offer a larger 4 x 10 granule size to extend service life in units with high solids loading.
- When used together with our high efficiency depth filters, gas processing units will run cleaner, with less sulfide build-up, corrosion, carry-over or upsets, for lower operating costs and improved gas quality.
Filtration Systems makes a wide variety of activated carbon canisters for amine and glycol process purification. Our carbon grades have been specifically formulated to provide long service life and excellent solvent purification. Our activated carbon canisters use a dust-free granular (not reagglomerated) coal-based carbon, with optimum pore size and surface area to absorb foaming agents in amine and glycol systems. Replaces PECO, Natco, Nowata, Flo-Line, Jonell, and Banner.
Both radial and vertical flow models are available in a variety of sizes to fit all popular housings. Our canisters are solidly constructed, with cable-steel handles and thick gaskets.
The carbon is sealed in a jersey-knit sock to prevent media migration, and the center tube ends are sealed to prevent bypass, all of which helps to assure trouble-free performance in your process units.
High-strength cable steel bail handles won’t pull out under heavy loads, assuring trouble-free change-outs.
Extra-thick high-temperature gaskets are securely attached to canister end caps.
Two grades of activated carbon allow you to choose the right media for your particular application requirements. The carbon bed is compacted for extended service life.
The center tube is wrapped with a jersey-knit woven cotton sock to prevent media migration. The top is sealed to prevent bypass through the carbon bed.